Denver Rescue Mission’s cooks are some of the most talented in the industry—after all they have to plan, cook and serve more than 700,000 meals a year to our guests experiencing hunger and homelessness. It’s rather incredible to watch their ability to create healthy and tasty meals on a daily basis from food donations.
With the countdown to the Mission’s Great Thanksgiving Banquet underway, our chefs have been preparing some incredible dishes for our guests to enjoy. During the holiday season they will provide 200,000 meals across the Mission’s different locations. At the banquet they will serve around 600 meals. Our Food Services Manager, Kevin Baker, whipped up a simple, but delicious pumpkin cheesecake recipe that we will be serving our guests for Thanksgiving. Check out his recipe below and give it a try, after all life’s what you bake of it!
No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Chill Time: 2 Hours
- Beat Cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Fill pie crust and top with cream cheese mixture
- For additional flavors, add 1 Cup Oreo cookie crumbles, chocolate chips, coconut, anything you like. Add to cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, whip cream mixture prior to chill
- If you use frozen whipped topping, thaw prior to use
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 Cups whipped topping
- 1 Cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust