“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” — Winston Churchill
It’s a tradition that’s been years in the making. In honor of Presidents’ Day, the Mission welcomes Denver’s top executives to serve lunch at our Lawrence Street Community Center. This is a chance for CEOs, presidents and vice presidents to give back to their neighbors experiencing homelessness.
The once-a-year opportunity has become a staple event for many of these local leaders who look forward to helping the homeless community every year.
“A lot of us gather each year, on this Friday before Presidents’ Day weekend, and it’s a lot of fun. It’s a part of what we are at the Broncos. To be able to do this with other leaders in the community is fun for me. Brad Meuli does a terrific job here at Denver Rescue Mission,” Joe Ellis, President & CEO of the Denver Broncos, said.
Ellis, along with nine other top executives, served 300 guests a delicious plate of pork chops, gnocchi, fresh fruit and more!
Join us in thanking all of the following for helping us serve in honor of Presidents’ Day:
- Joe Ellis, President & CEO, Denver Broncos
- Dick Monfort, Owner & CEO, Colorado Rockies
- Jim Kellogg, Vice President of Community Relations & Retail Operations, Colorado Rockies
- Tami Door, President, Downtown Denver Partnership
- Matt Hutchings, Executive Vice President & CEO, Kroenke Sports & Entertainment
- Todd Broderick, President, Albertsons & Safeway
- Rod Mickelberry, President, Cardel Homes Denver
- Alan Sowers, President, Bauen Corporation
- Joel Mecklenburg, President, First Integrity
- Brad Meuli, President & CEO, Denver Rescue Mission