Our annual Turkey Drive brings the Denver community together during the Thanksgiving season, collecting turkeys (including donations of cash and frozen turkeys) for families and individuals in need.
Our goal this year is 15,000 turkeys! We use these donations to cook thousands of meals at our Mission facilities and partner with 140+ agencies including churches, schools and non-profits to bring Thanksgiving into the homes of people who would otherwise not have a holiday meal.
We also partner with Venture Sports to distribute 3,000 Thanksgiving food boxes— which include a frozen turkey, stuffing, vegetables and other fixings for a full holiday meal—to men, women and children in need.
Funds raised through the sponsorship program will be used to purchase turkeys and help cover costs of preparing meals at the Mission throughout the holiday season.
The Impact of Changing Lives
Since 1892, Denver Rescue Mission has been meeting the needs of the poor and homeless through emergency services, rehabilitation, transitional programs and community outreach. Our mission is to meet people at their physical and spiritual points of need with the goal of returning them to society as productive, self-sufficient citizens. This is accomplished through the generous support of our volunteers, community supporters and donors.
- Align Your Brand with a Highly Visible, Community-Supported Campaign
- Recognition in Denver Rescue Mission’s November Changing Lives newsletter (75,000+ print circulation; 195,000+ email subscribers)
- Recognition and hyperlink on DenverRescueMission.org (Average of 114,000+ visitors per month)
- Recognition on Denver Rescue Mission’s social media channels (Audience of 30,000+)
- Special media and volunteer opportunities for higher level sponsors
- And more!
- Help Feed Thousands of People in Need
- Positively Impact the Homeless Community in Denver
- Generate a Groundswell of Philanthropy with Your Employees/Network
Each year, the Mission’s PR team works to generate a surge of media attention for the Turkey Drive. In November 2022, the drive garnered:
- 213 featured mentions across local media outlets (print, radio, TV, and online news hubs)
- 51.7 million in audience reach
- $479,775 in publicity value
(Deadline September 1, 2023)
Ready to be a Sponsor?
[insert form here – email capture, in exchange for name and email, they receive a PDF with sponsor details.]