Thank You for Partnering With Us!
The Housewarming Box event was a huge success, thanks to donors like you. Check out our latest update and watch the fun video showcasing the families you helped.
Give hope this holiday season by providing essential housewarming supplies. Formerly the Adopt-A-Family program, the Housewarming Box program is designed to better meet the needs of families served through the Mission. Families who are part of Family Rescue Ministry and Family Refugee Services will receive these boxes to meet their needs as they settle into a home of their own. The uncertainties created by COVID-19 make your support even more important this year.
Your support gives families the ability to make rent payments and purchase groceries. Not only will you provide essentials but more importantly hope and encouragement. Thank you for your generosity to serve these families and to warm a home this holiday season.
The Housewarming Boxes You Fill Include
This year, there are two shopping lists to provide Housewarming Boxes: a Household Box Shopping List and a Hygiene Box Shopping List. Our goal is to provide one of each to every family. It costs between $150-$200 to provide a pair of Housewarming Boxes.
- A Household Box containing bed sheets, household cleaning supplies, kitchen items and more.
- A Hygiene Box containing towels, razors, shaving cream, soap, shampoo, etc.
We ask that you fill the items from each list into its own plastic storage tote. This creates a manageable way for you to fill and transport your boxes, a practical means of storage for the families and a box size that is not too heavy for anyone to lift. See more details and sign-up below!
How to Fill Your Box
To ensure your box makes it safely into the new home of someone in need, be sure to pack your box properly.
- All items from the Household Box Shopping List and Hygiene Box Shopping List (except the optional items) must fit inside an 18-26 gallon plastic storage tote (separately) and be fitted with a lid. This provides a practical means of storage for the families and an easy way for you to transport the boxes!
- Prop up all liquid items at the bottom to prevent spilling.
- Include a signed holiday greeting card with an encouraging message for the family inside your box!
- Provide any optional items or gift cards separately when you drop-off your box.
After You Fill Your Box
Mark your calendar for these drop-off dates! In order to provide boxes to families in time for the holiday season, drop-off days for your Housewarming Box are on the following dates. Simply drop off your boxes at our Ministry Outreach Center located at:
5725 E 39th Ave, Denver, CO 80207
Friday, December 11, 2020
8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 12, 2020
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Our Ministry Outreach Center has a convenient drop-off area where you can pull your car right up to the building.
Contactless drop-off is available as well.
Registration Is Now Closed
Registration to provide a Housewarming Box this holiday season is now closed. Thank you for partnering with us to change lives.
Learn More About Who Will Receive Your Box
Family Rescue Ministry and Family Refugee Services provide relational, educational and financial assistance to help families obtain and sustain permanent housing.